Thursday 10 July 2014

July 10 - Day 36 - Pass the Sault

We are in heaven........John Whitney has joined us this morning to ride through to Collingwood.  John flew up to the Sault yesterday and caught a ride out to camp this morning and is raring to go.  Only a short 80km planned for the day.  Can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth, because 80km used to be a pretty good ride for me most days. John had seen the route on the way out, and told us it was going to be a fun day, with only a few climbs before we would be at another Gord the Great sleepover at the Water Tower Hotel in Sault Ste. Marie.  Hey, guess what's right behind the hotel..............a water tower!

It was a pretty slick ride with only one good climb thrown in for good measure, but the best part of the day was the weather.  Finally, sunshine, warmth, blue skies.  I was able to ride in just my jersey with a T-shirt underneath, and if all goes well tomorrow, I'm breaking out the short sleeves and shorts.      We head east out of town in the morning, then eventually south, to pick up the ferry on the 13th.  Still planning to be back in town for a couple of days by the 15th, and hope to see as many of you as possible on the way through.

All is well here, so I will just close with some shots from the day......goodnight all

Bridge to the beach from the camp 
 
 PANCAKE BAY
 All the vegetation is exactly the same as at Wymbolwood........sandy bottom as far out as I could see
Another one of these "I can lift my bike over my head" pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment